THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, 21 September 2012

A Plea for Dead Rights

I was honoured to recently receive a message from a candidate running for election in the good ol' US of A. You may not have heard of David Moss, but he told me that although he is 'sort of' new to  Goth and dark culture, it's only because it didn't exist when he was alive (1865-1918).

David says, "I recently got up out of my grave to run for President of the United States. I'm hoping to raise awareness of the dead and dead rights (or lack thereof). The dead have no voting rights, few job prospects and very little voice in government. I plan to change that, and hope that your community of forward-thinking, dark-minded, beautiful souls will be on board to help me. I realize that our minor doings in the new world aren't always relevant back in England, but if I get elected here, a new day will dawn for the dead everywhere (maybe we can call it Dawn of the Dead?)."

He also described my blog as 'deliciously purple', just FYI, which is pretty much a surefire way to get in my good books, although as an English citizen I am obviously not eligible to vote in the United States.

As President, David plans to abolish all taxes ("They say nothing is as sure as death and taxes. David Moss has been through both of these, and knows both sides of the issue." - more on this policy here.), help living and dead students alike access the college education they need, and grant more visas to dead people to help make up for labour shortages.

(c) David Moss For America
Source

You can help support the David Moss campaign by purchasing some yummy goodies at the webshop here (favourite slogan: Dead, but still a better choice) or simply check out the campaign website and blog, here.

David also suggests that supporters spread the word by holding their own graveyard party. Obviously I think this is a rather wonderful idea, although I would strongly advise that you ignore bullet point #3 in the linked post. >.<

Why do we not have any dead people running for Prime Minister here in the UK? English dead, stir yo' bones, pronto.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a politically active goth in the US (and yes, I'm one of *many* goths who vote Republican), this is one of the *most* important elections of all time, and I am highly offended that such a mockery is being made of it. Normally, I would laugh at the obvious satirical nature of this, but because there is so much at stake this election year, it really should be taken seriously.

Daniel_8964 said...

I never knew about David Moss, this sounds something fresh and new and a different approach for voting the alive and modern dated politicians. I learn something yet and I'd love to see more new posts like this. Keep it up Amy! :)

theEmocarebear said...

I do so love election season over here in the US of A. *Chuckles.*

Daniel_8964 said...

I never knew about David Moss, this sounds something fresh and new and a different approach for voting the alive and modern dated politicians. Also I'm curious to say, how did you know about DM commenting about your blog and have you contacted him? I learn something yet and I'd love to see more new posts like this. Keep it up Amy! :)

akumaxkami said...

Is this....is this for real?!

Alexandriaweb said...

There's a brilliant Masters of Horror episode where the dead all come back to vote :)

Boots said...

I love America.
There always are fringe candidates like this, usually mocking the 2-party system.

Vermin Supreme runs on a platform of dental hygiene and promises every citizen a pony. It's about time we had a corpse run too.

David Moss said...

Hello again, Amy!

Thank you so much for your wonderful posting about my campaign.

If elected, I will need a supportive team behind me, and look forward to offering you a job in my government. While the certain offices are restricted to US citizens only, I believe there are a number of important roles that can be filled by non-citizens. And since most of the bureaucrats in Washington wear predictably grey and drab attire, I expect your presence there to shake things up a bit.

Thank you again for your support, and I’m glad to see your posting has started some thoughtful dialog on the political process – always a great thing in a democracy.

Best regards,
David Moss ‘012

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...