THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Pink Lady; a hairstravaganza

So I turn twenty-one tomorrow (eek!) and I decided to do something fun with my hair for the evening party I'm having with my nearest and dearest. The first step was the usual bleach-a-thon, which turned my hair a delightful shade of yellow. The friends and fam were not hugely impressed, but I kinda liked it and am strongly tempted to get my sticky mitts on some bright yellow dye (this will happen).

There was a huge disaster with the first round of bleaching (I still use SmartBlonde) when it went all patchy and I looked like a tabby cat, but luckily it was soon fixed with a second application to the dark spots. Thank god for my emergency bleach-and-black-hair dye stash, which I keep topped up in case of any serious hair-don'ts.




I stayed like this over the weekend, looking VERY out of place at an extremely posh party where I was part of the waitressing team (a one-off second job, cash in hand...) with my yellow hair and assorted piercings. (When I say extremely posh, I mean manor house, double-barrelled surnames, 200 guests in black tie and ballgowns for a 'casual' party, three courses and canapes kind of posh. Downton Abbey meets Gossip Girl. o.O)
Then Sunday afternoon I tried out Stargazer's Baby Pink. I have wanted cupcake-pink hair for the longest time so this was a real treat. :-)
Flash makes it look orange-y >.<



I'm really happy with it! Now I just need to find the perfect dress for my party! <3

P.S. Yes, I really like those skully hair clips. And currently I am living in that black fluffy cardigan. Yes, I am wearing it now. It's SO snuggly you would not believe. Like wearing a dressing gown to work.

22 comments:

CatacombxKitten said...

Your hair looks lovely! I was wondering whether you could paybe make a tutorial on how to bleach your hair? You seem to do it quite often (and quite well!) and mine simply didn't turn out the way I'd hoped and it was incredibly difficult to do it myself, too. So if you could give a couple of tips and tricks, that'd be fantastic.

Laura Morrigan said...

That party sounds amazing, like the ones I plan to have when i am a famous author!

I had my hair that colour once, I really liked it but I hated my eyebrows in the photos so I don't have any proof. I love furry jumpers, I am wearing one right now and it's like a furry animal hug!

Cindy Lou said...

Your hair looks amazing, love the cupcake candy hair! Reminds me of when I wanted pink hair when I was younger and I took to trying to colour it in with felt tip pens (didn't look quite as good though)

Nebel Finsternis Violet said...

Blonde looks perfect on you!!!

Dani DeathBiscuit said...

DAT AMY.

You're adorable and a half.

faoladh said...

Happy birthday to you!

Sofia said...

The pink looks so lovely on you!

A colder Sun said...

I love your new hair colour,but I think the blond hair suited you as well.
What about writing a post about the 'history' of your hair with showing one photo of each hair colour you ever had? I would be very interested in that because you have dyed your hair so often and it always lookes very beautiful. :)
Greatings from Germany!

Michelle said...

Ooh I was 21 yesterday :D Enjoy yourself! Where is that cardi from? It looks so cozy. x

ggdawnofthedead said...

Happy early birthday! I love the hair. How is it that you can pull of any colour?! just a quick question, is stargazer effective on non bleached hair? { I have brown hair and am thinking of dying it stargazer golden flame} Enjoy your birthday! great post

BellaDonna said...

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY!! Have an absolutely splendid day!!

Dancing on the precipice said...

You look like Adora Batbrat!

V said...

Ooooh Amy, your hair looks lovely! And happy birthday for tomorrow! Xxxxx:)

Jade Layton said...

Ahh your hair looks so wonderful! in the mirror picture you remind me a little of Adora Batbrat! and now I really want pink hair haha ^_^

Anonymous said...

Amy, you look lovely! :D The skully hair clips are really cute too :)

AsylumAlice said...

Happy birthday Amy! I really like your yellow hair! The pink looks nice too. :D

Dark Rose said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Hope it's a great one. Love the pink hair...soooooo incredibly cute!!!!!!

Ms. Lou said...

Love the hair colour! And the cardi looks super cozy. :)

Audrey Scissorhands said...

Happy birthday pretty lady!! :) The hair looks fabulous and I agree with two of the different comments posted above....you should not only make a post with pictures from all your different hairstyles in the past, but I would seriously love for you to do an advice and tutorial post for bleaching out black-dyed hair! I just went through a fiasco this week because I needed to bleach a few streaks into my black hair. It was a disaster and it looks terrible! Help! ha

Anonymous said...

You really should've toned your hair before putting the cupcake pink on, all those yellow tones make it look like a nasty faded hot pink.

Amy Asphodel said...

I DID tone it, the toner was shit XP

eternal second said...

ahHAaaaaa

i remember once asking you (the time you dyed your hair blurple) whether there was ANY color you hadn't dyed your hair already, 'cause you seem to be pulling off every one off the rainbow perfectly, and you said yellow.

so, update. now is there any color you haven't tried? ._.

also, belated happy 21st! i hope this means you don't feel obligated to 'grow up' too much, yeah? >__>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...