THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Things that happen on birthdays

Phew. Have been having some trouble with Blogger and didn't think I would be able to post today. But here I am! First order of business is that I would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, you guys are so sweet and if I could I would personally bring you all a bat cookie and a big overperfumed squeezy hug. <3

Second order of business: birthday picspam.

These first two are from Tuesday night, when I went out for a pre-birthday party with my friends from the shop where I work. We had a nice meal at Wetherspoons. The balloon was from lovely Marylon, who Gothed-up for the occasion! I found that everyone had chipped in to buy me some AMAZING presents including an Ed Hardy perfume I had mentioned I liked months ago, a skull top and some gorgeous ear cuffs - I was completely surprised and frankly quite honoured. The skull necklace I'm wearing was a present from my manager Julie.


That's not my most attractive facial expression (above) but I had a really great time. I was really glad that almost everyone came. Oh, and yes, I wore pink!
This is what I wore to work.

After work I sneakily used the shop's changing room to get into my pink dress. It's a Hell Bunny frock that I got on sale many moons ago but hadn't had the chance to wear yet. The eyeball-and-flower hair clip is made by my tattooist Steph at Poison Ink Apparel; the shrug is from a charity shop and the boots are my purple cobweb New Rocks.


On my birthday proper (yesterday), I spent the day shopping at Festival Place in Basingstoke with my boyfriend Dan - after first opening my presents, of course! My present from Mum is a new pair of Demonia boots; unfortunately we ordered them a little bit too small and had to send them back. The right size pair should arrive later this week!

From my Nan I got a Queen of Darkness hoodie with enormous bat wings sprouting from the back; I don't think I have a picture of it but I wore it all day yesterday. Snuggly, warm and a little bit demonic... ;-)






Oh, Jode...
As you can see, I was very spoilt! <3

In the evening, we went to a local Chinese all-you-can-eat with a small group of friends and family. (Some identities have been obscured by request, which looks sliiiightly creepy but never mind...)
Left side, front to back: Mum, Dave, Rosemarie, Bronwyn, Chris.
Right side, front to back: Nan, Walt, Sioux, me, Dan, Jodie.


After some of the adults (oh right, I'm an adult now... oops) had headed home, we young'uns caused havoc and general mayhem.
Bronners looking adorable <3



Short friends are an endless source of amusement.

Not sure what the boy fiend is doing here o.O


I say! What's going on?



My girls are so purdy :-3

Getting pose-y with Rosie


New favourite pic! <3333

Oh, Jode... XDD
So all in all it was a great birthday - still got a trip to a burlesque club and a ride on the London Eye to be arranged, which I am very excited about. I love my friends and family and couldn't have asked for a better day! <3

P.S. I bought a onesie.

21 comments:

The Countess said...

A onsie!! Omg, that's amazing!!!
Great to read you had a nice birthday, I wish you all the best!

xxxx little darkling xxxx said...

Happy (late) birthday!!!!! I love your onesie, I have a cool pink and black one. :-)

Kirsten said...

hope you had a great birthday amy !! x

March Hare said...

A late happy birthday, looks like you had a great time!

Shannon said...

What a wonderful birthday. :) I love that bag!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Details on your outfit please. It's adorable.

AsylumAlice said...

It looks like you had a lovely time! Your hair looks great with you new outfits. :D Strangely, I didn't think 21st birthdays were such a big deal in Europe! Educate me...is the drinking age/age of being considered a legal adult different?

Cherry Divine said...

What is the t-shirt you are wearing in the pic, that says THIS IS WHAT I WORE TO WORK? THE T-SHIRT LOOKS VERY COOL. LOOKS VERY GOTHIC TOO. WHAT BAND ARE THEY? IF IT IS A BAND.

minana-banana said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

Dani DeathBiscuit said...

You're so cute!

Are those stockings? I'm blind. Tell me what they are D:

Loupie said...

Very intrigued by the book on the top of that pile. you'll have to tell us wht it's like

Amy Asphodel said...

Thanks, lovelies!

Loupie - it's... odd! Heh. I shall probably review it soon.

Dani - oh, you! They're printed tights, they were like £3 in Primark. Love them!

Cherry Divine - it's a Birthday Massacre T-shirt (says 'The Birthday Massacre').

AsylumAlice - Thank you! :-) The legal drinking age and age of legal adulthood is 18, but 21 is more of a traditional-coming-of-age thing.

Amy Asphodel said...

Anon - which outfit, sweets? ^^

Ray X said...

Happy late birthday!!!=D Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Kuroloki Roku said...

Looks like you had a great time! Happy belated birthday :D

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I *love* the onesie, BTW.

P.S. I think you need to update your pofile!

katysioux said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you got some lovely presents!

V said...

Aww you look like you had a lovely time! Xxxx:)

Anonymous said...

The one at the restaurant, or seemingly a restaurant. The cute black dress and the garter belt.

Deimos said...

A little late but Happy Birthday Miss Amy =)

Marta Morta said...

OMG, best presents ever! That skull bag and cardigan are soooo cute! I´m new in Blogspot and i´m trying to dwell into the alternative subculture, fashion, etc. I´m fairly new, but blogs like yours are an inspiration :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...