Hi, remember me? I guess it's been a while. :-) I am currently undecided about whether to return to blogging on any kind of a regular schedule, but so many of you guys have messaged me on Facebook and Tumblr that I felt it was a little bit rude of me to not at least let y'all know I'm still alive and well.
To the many lovely people (especially Amy of the ever-fabulous and wonderful Juliet's Lace and the girls on Tumblr who have sent the kindest messages) who have been wondering, yes, everything is all right. Aside from near-poverty and a great deal of existential angst, of course!
So, to answer those few niggling questions:
1. Where have you been?
Nowhere special. I felt I needed to take some time out from blogging as it was starting to eat away at my personal life, and I was so wrapped up in trying to be Le Perfect Gothique that I wasn't sure where the real me started and the internet image began. Yes, as I'm typing this I can see how odd it makes me sound, but that's how it was.
I spent a couple of months with no make-up (shocker) and ditched the macabre garb (double shocker) and proceeded to throw myself into meditation, nature (le gasp) and spending as little time online as poss in the hope of uncovering the Real Me (TM) - whoever she might be! Oh, I also began the process of dreadlocking my hair, something I've been interested in since I was but a wee girl in rainbow flares. (Which answers another question that some of you have been asking - yes, I have fuzzy baby dreads. They are 50 days old as of today, all-natural, and yes I love them and no, they don't smell.)
2. What happened to the Whitby Goth Weekend meet-up?
Sorry, you guys. Face. Of. Shame.
Yes, I went to Whitby. I had a great time and spent far too much money (of course!) but as at the time I was feeling distanced from the Goth scene and this blog I didn't get around to arranging the promised meet. I know, I suck. Sorry, once again.
3. Are you going to start blogging again?
Yes, I think so! However, I think there will be a few changes around here - which hopefully won't frighten you away.
- As I don't currently feel identified with what I tend to refer to as 'the Goth scene proper'; rather, I prefer to enjoy aspects of the far vaguer term 'dark culture', I will probably be finally getting around to changing the URL of this site to something more fitting and less ubergoff.
- Less trying to be an expert on things. I am, and have always been, an enthusiast and not an expert. I'm happy to offer opinions and suggestions in answer to your questions, but my (oft-criticised, eheheh) music guides and 'styles of' fashion posts certainly don't always hit the mark. I figure it's best to be honest and blog about what I actually know, rather than devoting hours to research and still not always getting it right! I do my best... ;-)
- I may or may not introduce some new subjects and possibly more personal stuff (sorry). Less outfit posts, however, as I'm starting to feel there is more to life than getting dressed (no, I can't believe I really said that either).
I am sorry to those of you whom I let down (not least the very nice journalist from the German magazine - I only just checked my email :-((( ) whilst trying to get my head back on straight.
And a huge hello to those of you who are new here and whose comments I have not yet replied to - welcome, big hugs and many glittery bats to you.